TIPS ON KEEPING OUR SURROUNDINGS CLEAN:
When outside of the campsite, we will take garbage bags with us to collect the trash we generate.
1. While on the trails, if we get hungry, we will throw away the papers and packaging for cookies, sweets and sandwiches in our garbage bag, not in the forest.
2. When possible, we will bring our own bottles and containers so we save on plastic bottles and cans.
3. After having lunch, we will pick up all the trash we create.
4. When we get back to the campsite, we will throw away our trash bags in the containers next to the entrance.
HELP KEEP OUR SURROUNDINGS CLEAN...
The mountainside should not show any signs of our presence, such as waste which is harmful to the environment and is difficult and expensive to remove.
The trash that we leave in the countryside can take a long time to biodegrade, often thousands of years.
- Newspapers, magazines, tissues, etc.: between 2 and 12 months
- Disposable diapers: 5 years
- Yogurt cups: between 100 and 1000 years
- Glass: 4000 years
AND WE RESPECT NATURE
- The flora and fauna of the Pyrenees are very fragile. Please do not pick plants and flowers, and do not scare the animals.
- Enjoy the peace and quiet of the mountainside, but please do not make unnecessary noise.
- Vehicle tires damage the flora permanently and erode the land. Use authorised roads and pathways only.
- Fires spread quickly and can cause immense damage. To limit the risk of fire, do not smoke in the forest and do not light fires outside of the designated barbecuing areas.